Shine Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit startup that provides free financial education directly to survivors in domestic abuse shelters in NYC and Baltimore. To support our growth, we are inviting qualified candidates to apply for our Board volunteering opportunities!
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more info on the organization, please visit shine-foundation.org.
The Treasurer will oversee all financial activities of the corporation and act as the chairperson of the Audit and Finance Committee that reviews all financial matters.
Among his/her principal responsibilities, the Treasurer will:
- Maintain full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in the corporate books
- Deposit and disburse all money and other valuables in the name of the Board and corporation
- Render a full financial report at the annual meeting of the Board
- Ensure that a true and accurate accounting of the financial transactions of the corporation is made and that reports of such transactions are presented to the Board
- Perform other duties, within his/her ability and as needed
- Fervent desire to help Shine Foundation’s beneficiaries and to make a difference
- Significant leadership experience
- Significant professional experience in successfully carrying out the responsibilities listed for each position
- Results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- "Roll-up your sleeves" attitude
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to survivors of abuse. Prior experience working with survivors is a plus
Term: Initial one-year commitment through Dec 31, 2017
Time commitment: Board Members will be expected to participate in regular (i.e. monthly or quarterly) Board meetings, along with any other meetings, as needed. Board Members will also allocate sufficient time for completing tasks outside of these meetings.
Financial commitment: Board Members will be expected, by Dec 31st of each year of service, to make a gift of personal significance.
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 30
- 20 hours a month and as needed