Intake Specialists (Greeters) are needed at Hampton Library, Easley for our VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program during the 2017 tax season (February 1-April 15, 2017). VITA offers free tax preparation for low-middle income households and saves them money on tax preparation fees.
Greeters are a vital component of our VITA program by providing a warm welcome to taxpayers, ensuring they have all necessary paperwork, and managing the waiting area. No previous experience is necessary. Greeters do not prepare tax returns and do not have to have tax preparation knowledge. A simple online training certification is required to become a greeter.
Days and hours available at the Hampton Library are:
Monday: 2:00-7:00 p.m
Tuesday: 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Thursday: 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00-4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00-4:00 p.m.
Duties of the Intake Specialist:
- Must complete Intake/Interview & Quality Review training through the IRS Link & Learn website
- Greets all taxpayers visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere
- Provides taxpayers with intake forms and answers non-tax questions
- Ensures the taxpayer has brought all required documents to verify taxpayer identity and complete tax return
- Determines if the return is within the scope of the VITA program and determines which certified volunteer can prepare the return
- Refers out of scope taxpayers to MyFreeTaxes.com
- Manages waiting and entry areas to maintain the flow of taxpayers according to site operational procedures
- Adheres to Quality Site Requirements and Volunteer Standards of Conduct at all times
- Refers taxpayers to Tax Preparers or Site Coordinators for tax questions
- Maintains taxpayer privacy and confidentiality standards
If interested, please contact Andrew Ertzberger at 850-7094 ext. 131 or email@example.com.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We prefer volunteers serve in 4 hour time slots.
- Hours vary by day and by time. Volunteers may serve as often as they would like.