StreetWise Partners transforms the lives of disadvantaged, low-income individuals by helping them realize their career potential.
Our signature program, Career Ventures, serves low income individuals who are ready to overcome barriers to employment and transform their lives. This unique 13 week career mentoring program delivers high-impact professional development services with 2:1 career mentoring in corporate settings.
StreetWise Partners’ objectives include the following:
- Eliminate the gap between an individual’s potential and his/her current position;
- Expose individuals to people from different cultures and backgrounds to encourage a deeper understanding of our local communities;
- Develop leaders in the private sector who have a keen understanding of and commitment to service to their community; and equip trainees to move into better, higher paying jobs with opportunities for advancement.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years full-time professional experience
- The desire to work closely with members of underserved communities
- Demonstrated a commitment to work with a trainee for the entire 13 week program and to provide on-going support to your trainee for 9 months after graduation
- The ability to attend a mentor training prior to program start
- The ability to attend all program sessions on time
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week for 13 weeks