Hospice Volunteer Visitors offer support to people facing the end of life. They’re understanding listeners who also make it possible for a caregiver to take a few hours of respite.
Anyone who feels moved to apply is welcome! We’re also looking for bilingual volunteers, art therapists, musical volunteers, veterans wanting to serve other military veterans, and massage therapists.
How can I apply?
Click here to access our Volunteer Visitor application and training fact sheet. >>
Where can I learn more?
Forbes Ellis, our Director of Volunteer Services, will be hosting informational gatherings at some local favorite cafes. There’s no need to RSVP! Mark your calendar and stop by anytime during the listed hours:
Drop into a friendly informational gathering in your neighborhood:
- February 3rd, 2017 9am-10am - Aptos Coffee Roasting (19 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos, 95003)
- February 6th, 2017 9:30-10:30am - Second Street Café (28 2nd Street Watsonville, 95076)
- February 7th, 2017 11am-12pm - Aptos Coffee Roasting (19 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos, 95003)
- February 8th, 2017 9am-10am - Café Ella (734 E. Lake, Watsonville 95076)
- February 9th, 2017 11am-12pm - The Buttery (702 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz, 95062)
Interested volunteers contact Forbes Ellis, Director of Volunteer Services, at 831-430-3045.
- Veteran Care
- Music Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Minimum one year commitment after completing training