Help Homeless Children: Join the Finance Committee
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereMontebello, Pasadena, Temple City, RosemeadEl Monte, Monterey Park, San Gabriel, AlhambraArcadia, CA 91007
Family Promise of San Gabriel Valley is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2009 that strives to make a contribution to end homelessness in your local community. "Every child deserves a home and every family deserves a chance." FPSGV empowers local communities to help homeless children by helping their whole families stay intact, regain stable housing and return to steady work.
We're seeking motivated people with strong personal and professional networks who have IT, finance, accounting, banking, legal, HR/Personnel, business owner, government or non-profit backgrounds to join an incredible group of people and a wonderful organization.
The role of each finance committee member is to serve a one to two year term by reviewing, advising and supporting all FPSGV's financial matters.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend committee meetings (currently 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3pm)
- Review the organization's periodic financial statements
- Provide guidance to staff and enforce the adopted financial policy to ensure adequate internal controls
- Advise and recommend the annual budget to the Board of Directors
- Review and update financial policy and procedures
- Oversee the preparation of an annual audit and tax form (990, 199)
- Ensure that the organization is in compliance with state and federal laws
- Oversee organization IT infrastructure
Please submit a resume or Linkedin link along with a brief email expressing your interest in joining the Finance Committee to email@example.com. Please indicate "Finance Committee interest" in the subject line.
- Financial Auditing
- IT Consulting
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours per month