The Bridge to Hope is a housing ministry serving homeless single mothers.
The Bridge to Hope Board Expectations
Although a person does not have to be knowledgeable regarding homelessness, it is vital each have hope and trust our Lord can transform lives!
Board time commitments and expectations.
- Be available for monthly Board meetings (currently held on the first Thursday of each month beginning at 4:30 PM), coming prepared reviewing write ups/reports
- Be in agreement with our statement of Faith
- We do ask for a financial commitment of giving, if we seek others to support the ministry, we too must be willing. There is no minimum amount required or expected.
- You will be asked to jot a personal note on mailings that go out of the office, such as appeals, invitations to events and other letters
- You are asked to participate in organizational activates such as fund raisers, educational programs and program activities
- Serve on one or more committee
- Speak to the community and your network about The Bridge to Hope. Network on behalf of The Bridge to Hope
- Participate in social media and general building awareness of The Bridge to Hope
The Mission of The Bridge to Hope
To help homeless families achieve spiritual wholeness and emotional, physical and financial well-being by overcoming self-defeating behaviors with Christ as our foundation.
The Vision of The Bridge to Hope
To end homelessness One Family at a Time by equipping the church to take a vested interest in a single mother and her children in crisis, a family that has lost hope and direction.
The Bridge to Hope provides an avenue for a church to motivate their members to exemplify Christ’s love and hope to homeless women and children by encouraging them along the road to recovery from homelessness.
The Bridge to Hope Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, His atoning death through His shed blood and in His bodily resurrection.
I Corinthians 15:3-4
- We believe in the justification of sinners by God’s grace, through faith in Christ alone. Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. I John 4:13
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences. John 3:16
Those intersted in becoming a Board member we ask you provide a resume, a bio and a minimum of 3 references
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Attend Board Meetings and Committee Participation
- Resume, bio and References required