As Development Intern you will gain valuable experience learning about the planning and execution of fundraising events by working closely with the logistics, development, and volunteer management teams.
- Assist in communicating with event participants and identify opportunities to market Chapter events and encourage event registration
- Work with the Society’s internal database and participant management systems throughout the internship to provide reporting and data management learning opportunities
- Research organizations and fundraising events, a critical element of development planning, to help the Chapter better understand the market.
- Observe staff and learn how they coordinate with sponsors, participants and donors to plan and execute successful special events.
The applicant must have excellent customer service skills and be detail-orientated. Strong interpersonal, time management and team work skills are a must. Prior experience in fundraising, planning, organizing and managing events is helpful. Good oral and written communication skills are requested. May require attendance at work events taking place on weeknights along with weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays).
Timing of the internship will be a fixed duration contingent on the student’s schedule and needs.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible (5-15 hours per week)