Garlic Mustard Weed-Out Day is an annual tradition! On one day, volunteers hand-pull invasive garlic mustard in natural areas all around Ann Arbor! Garlic mustard is an aggressive invasive plant which can quickly crowd out native plant species and decrease natural diversity in the woods. Identifying and pulling garlic mustard is fun and easy for all ages, making this is a great volunteer opportunity for families. Please wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. All minors must present a completed release form, and should be accompanied by a guardian. Tools, snacks, and know-how provided.
- White Oak - Meet at the park entrance on White Oak Drive.
- Hannah - Meet at the west end of Bath Street, off 7th, just north of Huron.
- Black Pond Woods - Meet us on Tibbits Ct, off of Pontiac Trail.
- Marshall - Meet in the parking lot off Dixboro Road, north of Plymouth Road
- Riverwood - Meet us near the park sign on Riverwood Drive, just west of Newport Road
- Sunset Brooks - Meet us at the park entrance on Sunset Road, at the end of Brooks Street
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment