The Princess Project Los Angeles is in its first year as a Princess Project non-profit location and we are recruiting for our Leadership Board. We are actively seeking an Event and Fundraising Chair for our Los Angeles leadership board for a minimum 2-year commitment. The Event/Fundraising Chair can be supported by two people (Co-Chairs) and has the following responsibilities:
- Works with the President, the Treasurer Partnership Chair(s), and Marketing Chair(s) to create and execute an annual fundraising and events strategy
- Meets annual fundraising goals via ongoing fundraising stra to successfully execute dress giveaways.
- Plans one or more fundraising events in alignment with fundraising and revenue goals to generate funds and partnerships.
- Works with Marketing/PR Chair to publicize events and drive attendance
- Tracks donors and provides reporting to the Treasurer to ensure proper thank you’s, and tax letters are sent
- Determines needs and provides events list to Partnership Chair(s) for inclusion in outreach plan for securing corporate donations (in liaison with Dress Chair, Accessories Chair and Make-up/Stylist Chair)
- Hospitality responsibilities
The time committment for this role during these formative years varies per month but averages 10-15 hours a month except during prom season (March-May) where an additional one to three weekends of time may be needed at various dress giveaway events. Each year, we have a three day planning meeting for the upcoming year in July that is required for all board members.
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per month usually (see description)
- An application, references and an interview are required.