Locations and Hours:
- The Salvation Army Garden Street Corps, Oakland
- Starts June 26 th ends August 4 th
- Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- All day OR two shifts available: 8a.m. to 1p.m. or 12p.m. to 5:30p.m.
- The Salvation Army Hayward Corps, Hayward
- Starts June 26 th ends July 28 th (ages 6 to 12), Teen camp starts August 7 th and ends August 19 th
- Monday and Wednesdays from 9a.m. to 5p.m.
- All day OR two shifts available: 9a.m. to 1p.m. or 12p.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Salvation Army Tri-Cities Corps, Newark
- Starts June 26 th ends August 17 th
- Monday through Friday from 9a.m. to 5p.m.
- All day OR two shifts available: 9a.m. to 1p.m. or 12p.m. to 5p.m.
- Aid instructors in teaching lesion plans, leading field trips and conducting experiments with kid’s age 6 to 12 years old
- Must commit to the full length of camp and to at least one full day a week or two half day shifts a week
- Help to enhance the students reading and math skills
- Maintain proper Child Safety procedures
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently, handle security and crisis situations calmly, sensitivity to children’s individual needs
- Actively encourage consistent attendance
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
The Salvation Army of Alameda County’s Volunteer Coordinator
or apply online at:
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- one day a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Summer Camp Assistant Instructors
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Bingo Assistant
- Bike Mechanic
- After School Program Tutor
- Ceramics Instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant
- Arts & Crafts Instructor