Thank you for taking the time to consider making the difference in the life of a senior citizen. Volunteering is a truly rewarding experience.
At Dewitt Place your time and talent translates into caring attention that can enable a senior to stay happy, healthy and active. Sharing your hobbies and talents offers our residents an ability to explore and learn new ideas or continue favorite pastimes. It also allows them the ability to interact with the greater community, giving them a sense of purpose and comfort.
No matter how you help, you’ll make a difference as you work with these wonderful seniors. Your time and commitment will create a feeling of connectedness for our residents, to you and our world we share!
Our volunteers are special and we have many opportunities to suit your interests, abilities and experience. We offer flexible hours and dates and are committed to assuring you feel comfortable, supported and well trained. We recognize that volunteers differ in age and experience and their time can be spent in a variety of ways. Here are some ways you can make a difference in our residents’ lives:
- Bible Study Share and discuss verses or chapters
- Book Club Read (or listen to an audio tape) with our residents
- Choir/Sing-A-Long Share the gift of music
- Community Partner Start an interest group or club of your choice
- Computer Genius Assist residents that have a desire to email
- Green Thumb Help residents cultivate a garden
- One-on-One Visitor Talk, listen and share stories with a resident
- Program Leader Call bingo, lead an art class, etc
- Wellness Warrior Lead an exercise or nutrition class, start a walking club
- Trip Escort Assist residents out to luncheons or shopping
- Volunteer Coordinator Assists in coordinating volunteers and activities
- Wii Master Encourage and show residents how to use the Nintendo Wii
For further information please contact our Life Enrichment Coordinator, Miriam Higgins, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 585-0544 to set up your personal tour of Dewitt Place.
- Library Sciences
- Animal Therapy
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training