Many seniors and adults with disabilities want to stay in the comfort of their homes, but need extra support for their bodies, minds, and hearts. And their caregivers need a break to re-energize.
- Encourage movement during chair tai chi
- Support the process of expression during art therapy
- Share joy during song circle
- Be there to fully hear and honor the memories triggered by an activity
- Enjoy the variety of new activities being created every week
If you are excited to build relationships and are available weekdays between 10am and 3pm, this will be a very rewarding opportunity! Commit to one activity for 1-2 hours a week or 3-4 hours a week to sample several.
Be the one to engage a participant with dementia or traumatic brain injury. Break their social isolation by sharing laughter, movement, and conversation.
Program orientation and on-going feedback and coaching provided.
Locations in North Portland and SE Portland.
Volunteers of America Oregon’s Adult Day Services are a structured, comprehensive program designed to meet the needs of functionally and/or cognitively-impaired adults. We provide individually-planned service, supervision, social and related support services, and health monitoring in a protective setting during any part of a day, but less than 24-hour care.
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hrs/week between 10am - 3pm, M-F for 3 months
- Support a Young Child at the...
- Assist with day activities for...
- Women's Residential Recovery...
- Holiday party/event coordinator
- Trauma-Informed Drop-In Services...
- Bring joy to youth while riding...
- Spanish speaking! Support a...
- Brighten our children's day with...
- Assist with Day Activities for...