A community advocate with Caritas of Austin assists an individual move toward a stable, self-sufficient life. Caritas provides training and support for Community Advocate Volunteers. You will be partnered with a professional social worker. Some of the ways in which you might help include:
* Mentor a single mother as she seeks stable housing
* Coach and encourage a disabled person who has experienced homelssness and is making the transition to a permanent home.
* Assist a refugee to learn about life in America, in general, and in Austin, TX, in particular.
* Be a supportive resource during a difficult time for the client;
* Make a difference in one person's life!
Contact: Loly Thomas - Direct Service Volunteer Coordinator - Caritas of Austin - 512-632-0559 (mobile) firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a week
- Help someone or a family...
- Community Kitchen Volunteer
- Apartment Set-up Volunteer
- Bilingual Direct Service...
- Volunteer Management...
- Homeless & Refugee Employment...
- Receptionist And Pantry Assistant
- Refugee Child Day Care Liaison
- Caritas Education Program: ...
- Landlord Outreach Specialist...
- Administrative Volunteers
- Community Advocates - Volunteers
- Donation Drivers - Volunteers
- Volunteer Driving Refugees-...
- Caritas Employment Program...