Are you a United States Military Veteran? Do you want to help celebrate and recognize United States Military Veterans receiving hospice care? Join our Salus Hospice Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Team to say "Thank You" for the priceless sacrifices, contributions and service our living military heroes have given to America's Freedom.
Some of the opportunities you will have as a Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer include:
- Visit terminally ill veterans in their home, skilled nurse facility or other approved facility.
- Help veterans apply for benefits or learn about aviailable assistance
- Assist in replacing lost or stolen military medals by contacting appropriate agencies.
- Perform pinning ceremonies for veteran patients.
- Assist with legacy building or personal history projects.
- Telephone our patients who are military veterans to see how they are doing.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training