Spring Intern, Volunteer Relations
18 people are interested
Spring Intern, Volunteer Relations
New York Cares, a non-profit organization founded in 1987, coordinates and develops volunteer programs to involve New Yorkers in community service. Every year, New York Cares works with tens of thousands of volunteers, hundreds of corporations, and hundreds more nonprofit and community agencies to provide caring New Yorkers with opportunities to volunteer and to offer critical help to New York City’s neediest citizens. The Volunteer and Community Partner Relations team is at the heart of this effort - recruiting, retaining, and recognizing the volunteers and Community Partners who make real differences every day in the lives of New Yorkers in need.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We were the 2009 Winner of the New York Times Company Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and have been recognized as a top-notch employer by The NonProfit Times ("Best NonProfit Organizations To Work For," April 2010); Crain’s New York ("Best Places to Work in New York City," November 2008), the Princeton Review ("Best Entry-Level Jobs," multiple years) and The Wall Street Journal ("Top Small Workplaces," 2007).Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Volunteer and Community Partner Relations, the Spring Intern will act as a key support to the Volunteer and Community Partner Relations (VCPR) department, helping to ensure a positive and consistent experience for volunteers, Team Leaders, and the general public. The Spring Intern of Volunteer Relations will focus primarily on supporting existing and prospective volunteers using exceptional customer service practices and will be assisting with the launch the organization’s new volunteer recognition initiative.
In addition, this role will support various efforts to strengthen and expand the New York Cares volunteer base.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from volunteers, Community Partners, and the general public about New York Cares.
- Respond to inquiries pertaining to volunteer projects and annual events, such as New York Cares Day Spring.
- Produce documentation to verify volunteer service hours.
- Assist in the production and sending of new volunteer recognition communications.
- Assist with networking and recognition event planning and logistics.
- Collect and process waivers and attendance lists from Group Leaders after volunteer projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and positive demeanor, both in-person and over the phone
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an acute eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Sense of humor
This is an unpaid position.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (subject: Spring Intern, Volunteer Relations)
About New York Cares
65 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10006, US
New York Cares meets pressing community needs by mobilizing caring New Yorkers in volunteer service.
New York Cares is New York City's leading volunteer organization.
Founded in 1987, New York Cares enables more than 54,000 volunteers each year to serve on flexibly-scheduled, team-based projects serving schools, social service agencies, and other deserving organizations.
New York Cares volunteers tutor children, feed the hungry, assist people living with HIV/AIDS, revitalize gardens, take homeless children on recreational outings, visit the elderly, and do so much more.
In addition to year-round volunteer programs, New York Cares organizes four large scale service events every year: New York Cares Day Fall, New York Cares Day Spring, Winter Wishes, and Coat Drive.
We'll work with your schedule.
65 Broadway, 19th FloorNew York, NY 10006
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service