Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
JAARS Health Services exists to serve US-based and furloughing missionaries and staff with a variety of medical services as God provides the needed health care professionals.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Be part of the team that provides health care services to our patients.
For 8 or more hours, for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support.
- Document and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from patients and their parents or guardians
- Track and maintain medical supply inventory, along with other staff members
- Provide health promotion, counseling and education
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Must have current nursing license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Experience in patient care for two or more years
- Experience or knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
- Experience in overseas living is helpful but not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.