WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2100 Preston StRichmond, TX 77469
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Visit with individual(s) - Read stories, play games and puzzles,assist with various arts and crafts projects and assist an individual in creating a scrapbook. Volunteers will have the opportunity to become friends, a "Special Friend" or a "Campus Buddy". Many of the individuals would benefit from having a friend of their own because they do not have active family participation.
- Wrap Parties - Each man and woman residing at RSSLC will receive birthday and Christmas gifts each year. This equates to more than 1,000 gifts. We need service groups of no more than 10 people per two hour shift to help wrap these gifts. It's a great way to get into the holiday spirit. Parties begin the first week in November and last to the middle of December.
- Play Santa or His Elves - Fort Bend and the surrounding area community children visit Santa and his elves two weekends in December at Richmond State Supported Living Center. Help is needed to play Santa and/or his elves. Costumes are provided for volunteers.
- Party with the Individuals - Host a party for one or more homes on campus. Or host a campus event for all individuals.
- Displays for Project Noel - Construct, paint or repair exhibits displayed during the Christmas holidays at the Richmond State Supported Living Center. New displays can be constructed of wood, metal, Paper Mache`, etc. Many of the older displays are in need of re-construction.
- Data Entry
- Food & Beverage Services
- Music Therapy
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training