Development and Distinguished Events Student Volunteers Needed!
We are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate professionals to make a difference by working as development and distinguished events student volunteers for the American Cancer Society.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available, starting immediately. These positions will be based in our Manhattan office at 132 West 32nd Street and assist with the 12 th Annual Taste of Hope, which is the Society’s signature culinary, wine + spirits tasting event. This is a wonderful learning opportunity for those interested in development and event planning for a non-profit organization. This position also offers valuable opportunities to meet accomplished professionals throughout New York.
- Work extensively on the 12 th Annual Taste of Hope tasting event from conception to completion based on time of service
- Research, solicit, and secure sponsors and auction prizes
- Create communications and complete mailings to event participants, sponsors, and auction prize winners
- Brainstorm new event entertainment and activities
- Coordinate volunteer projects during working hours
- Assist with day-of logistics including packing, set-up, and break-down
- Excellent phone, computer, and interpersonal skills are a must
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work are necessary
- Student volunteers will need to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines
- Must be a team player but be able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Personality must be outgoing, enthusiastic, and professional mannered
- Applicants must be committed to working a minimum of 10-15 hours a week
- Work hours at the American Cancer Society are from 10am - 4pm.
- We are willing to be flexible with work days and hours
- Applications are being accepted for spring and summer event seasons
- Position is unpaid
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a week