Board Member, Secretary, and Treasurer openings available Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
18 people are interested
The Gift of Life is interviewing for Board Members to join our board.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference and work with a growing organization?
Our charity supports parents of premature babies who are going through a very stressful journey with a baby born prematurely. Through sponsors, we offer a great deal of support in the way of emotional support and care packages.
We’re looking for people who are creative, can think on their feet and understand how people and processes work with each other. Additionally, we need all of our team members to be comfortable working with and leveraging off-line and online technologies.
While it isn’t necessary that you personally have gone through the experience of parenting a premature baby, it is important that you’re comfortable working in a purpose-driven organization with this focus and that you understand the sensitivity and complexity of premature birth and the stress that parents go through during this crisis.
If this sounds like a good fit, you’re in good company. We work with world-class brands like Pampers, Enfamil, and a few others. Our goal is to build an organization that is empowered to offer parents of preemies all of the support they need, at birth and beyond. Please contact us for an interview.
-Live in Central Florida
-Able to attend monthly meetings by phone and in person
- Mission: Be familiar with our mission of offering hope, encouragement, and support to parents of premature babies in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Oversight: establish appropriate checks and balances to ensure that The Gift of Life is well managed and our mission is carried out
- Resource development: ensure that The Gift of Life has the financial and human resources it needs to fulfill its mission
- Outreach: connect with the external community to promote the The Gift of Life's mission, values, and programs (e.g., through recruiting new board members, volunteers, and donors; expanding the Gift of Life's network of supporters)
Each director plays a critical role in contributing to the overall board responsibilities described above.
What Fundraising Responsibilities Should Be Included?
As a board, provide oversight to the fundraising efforts:
- Ensure that there is an annual fundraising plan in place.
- Monitor the results of the plan.
What time commitment is required?
- Monthly meetings by phone/in-person meeting quarterly
- Attendance at fundraisers and charity gala
- Work individual committee selected
- 2-year commitment with a three-year term in one office
What committees are available?
- Fundraising Committee/Non Event
- Fundraising Committee/Event Connected ( Gala, 5k, etc)
- Board Member Recruitment and Retention
- Corporate Sponsor Recruitment year round
- Executive Committee ( officers, board chair, secretary, vice chair, treasurer)
We've received your application and appreciate your interest in volunteering with us. Please fill out the application https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/25147/0 and attach your resume to the online application. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at 407-905-5454 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for volunteering with The Gift of Life and making a difference.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 1005WindermereWindermere, FL 34786
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- 5 hours/month