The Gift of Life is interviewing for Board Members to join our board.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference and work with a growing organization?
Our charity supports parents of premature babies who are going through a very stressful journey with a baby born prematurely. Through sponsors, we offer a great deal fo support in the way of emotional support and care packages.
We’re looking for someone who is creative, can think on his/her feet (or equally as well sitting at your desk and understands how people and processes work with each other. Additionally, we need all of our team members to be comfortable working with and leveraging off-line and online technologies.
While it isn’t necessary that you personally have gone through the experience of parenting a preemie, it is important that you’re comfortable working in a purpose-driven organization with this focus and that you understand the sensitivity and complexity of prematurity.
If this sounds like a good fit, you’re in good company. We work with world-class brands like Pampers, Enfamil, and a few others. Our goal is to build an organization that is empowered to offer parents of preemies all of the support they need, at birth and beyond.
-Live in Central Florida
-Able to attend monthly meetings by phone and in person
- Mission: Be familiar with our mission of offering hope, encouragement, and support to parents of premature babies in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Oversight: establish appropriate checks and balances to ensure that The Gift of Life is well managed and our mission is carried out
- Resource development: ensure that The Gift of Life has the financial and human resources it needs to fulfill its mission
- Outreach: connect with the external community to promote the The Gift of Life's mission, values, and programs (e.g., through recruiting new board members, volunteers, and donors; expanding the Gift of Life's network of supporters)
Each director plays a critical role in contributing to the overall board responsibilities described above.What Fundraising Responsibilities Should Be Included?
As a board, provide oversight to the fundraising efforts:
- Ensure that there is an annual fundraising plan in place.
- Monitor the results of the plan.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours/month
- Grant Writer for 501c3 for...
- Urgent Need for...
- NICU Community Ambassador...
- Preemie Mentors
- Administrative Assistants Needed
- Marketing Tech Volunteer
- Case Manager Volunteer ( 5...
- Orlando Superhero 5k
- NICU Preemie Parent Ambassador
- Applications for Board Members
- Screen Writer for Film
- Assistant Manager to Founder of...
- In Search of a Monthly ...
- Graphic Designers Needed for...
- In Search of Business Plan Writer
- Marketing Need
- Super Run 5k Volunteers Needed...
- In Search of Attorney
- Counselors for Parents of...