Playwrights Foundation (PF), a center for new play development in San Francisco, is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious, resourceful and internet-savvy individual to support our organization’s social media & marketing efforts.
PF is part of an extensive creative community nationwide, and has a strong presence in the Bay Area theater scene. Learn more about our 40-year history and work at www.playwrightsfoundation.org
The Digital Marketing & Communications internship/fellowship is designed for an individual interested in marketing and content creation with an interest in the inner workings of a non-profit playwright/new works incubator. The intern/fellow will learn and gain valuable experience in (but are not limited to) are strategic arts marketing and advertising, brand management, community outreach, email marketing, SEO, social media marketing and content creation, data analysis, and box office, and front of house.
Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of three months and a maximum of six months, and will require a commitment of 10-15 hours per week.
This is an unpaid virtual position, reporting to the Admin & Marketing Coordinator.Skills and Qualifications
- For Internship: Enrolled at a college or university, and in "good academic standing" as defined by your campus policy.
- For Fellowship: Graduation from a four-year college preferred, with references.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps. Experience with databases a plus.
- Familiar with social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Excellent communication & writing skills, ability to tell stories in an accessible and compelling manner.
- Manages and completes multiple projects in a timely manner, with good organizational skills.
- Experience with online research, analyzing and organizing information desirable. A fine attention to detail.
- Basic photo, design and/or multimedia skills a plus.
Hours and Duration: ongoing dates are negotiable). 10-15 hours a week. A weekly schedule will be discussed as part of the interview process, based on the intern's availability and the Foundation’s needs.
Location: Playwrights Foundation, 1616 16th St, Suite 350, San Francisco CA 94103
Program Benefits include:
- Admission to all Playwrights Foundation events.
- Recommendation letters (upon request).
- The applicant must seek academic credit with their program advisor or dean. We will endeavor to provide documentation and evaluation to satisfy requirements for credit. All university requirements and paperwork must be presented on the first day of the internship.
- Modest travel stipend.
- Participation in the lively Bay Area theater community.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week; more during July Festival
- To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample