PARADE COMPARSA MONITOR
About Carnaval San Francisco
Carnaval San Francisco is a beloved Memorial Day Weekend event featuring a 2-day Festival and Grand Parade, celebrating music and cultural elements from Latin American and Caribbean traditions.
Volunteers will be assigned to a comparsa* and will accompany that comparsa down the parade route. Volunteer will be responsible for communicating with the comparsa lead monitor and the comparsa coordinator to make sure the group moves down the parade.
*A comparsa is a parade contingent
Responsibilities the day of Parade
1. Walk with a comparsa down the parade route
2. Help keep the parade’s pace steady by communicating with comparsas' lead monitors and motivating comparsas to keep moving forward
3. Prevent gaps between comparsas from happening during the parade
4. Communicate any issues with comparsa lead monitor and parade block captains
5. Post original content of the Carnaval on social media platforms on day of parade
+Attend the two mandatory parade volunteer meetings on either Saturday, April 8, 2017 or Saturday, May 6, 2017.
Orientation#1: Saturday, April 8, 2017. From 1-3pm at the Puerto Rican Club: 3249B Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.
Orientation#2: Saturday, May 6, 2017. From 1-3pm at the Puerto Rican Club: 3249B Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.
+Must be available on day of Grand Parade on Sunday, May 28th, from 8am to 12pm--Breakfast and Lunch will be provided!
SIGN UP ON OUR WEBSITE IF INTERESTED!
Or email Yesenia Ruiz, our Parade Volunteer Coordinator, for any questions: email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Day of event: Sunday, May 28, 2017, 8am-12pm
- Sign up on our website: http://www.carnavalsanfrancisco.org/volunteers