The Development Intern provides support to OMSI’s Development Department and associated events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with event collateral pieces (RSVP Cards, Thank You Cards, On-site Donor Recognition, Raffle Cards, etc.)
- Update and maintain Raiser’s Edge database of donors and prospects, namely contacts, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Execute the research of specified projects.
- Contact and solicit prospective production members, including speakers, local businesses, etc.
- Assist with prospect mailings for event attendees.
- Assist with correspondence to donors and guests of various events.
- Attend and provide assistance at events and committee meetings as needed.
- Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Development team.
- Able to work independently and take initiative.
- Dependable and punctual, and able to make a strong commitment to OMSI.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced letter writing and business communication skills.
- Data entry and typing; 10-key a plus.
90 day commitment
10-20 hours per week
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours weekly
- OMSI Submarine Tour Guide...
- OMSI Development Intern
- OMSI Submarine Queuing Volunteer
- OMSI Guest Services Greeter (18+)
- OMSI Food Science Volunteer (18+)
- OMSI Physics Lab Volunteer (age...
- OMSI Marketing Internship
- OMSI Early Childhood Education...
- OMSI Chemistry Lab Volunteer...
- OMSI Exhibit Research and Design...
- OMSI Science Educator Volunteer
- OMSI Featured Exhibits Hall...
- OMSI Featured Exhibits Guest...
- OMSI Special Event Volunteer (18+)
- OMSI Earth Science Hall...