Happy Tails, Minnesota is looking for volunteers to help educate the public about rescue as well as the Happy Tails organization.
Location: All around the Twin Cities. You can choose a location near you.
Examples include, schools, field trips, community events, class at the adoption center etc)
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Excellant People Skills
- Speak to families about the importance of rescue.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Ability to talk to schools and organizations to schedule the speaking event.
- Have a passion to speaking to children and adults.
- Advocate for rescues in general.
- Knowledge of Happy Tails policies regarding rescue.
- Responsible for Happy Tails belongings and materials.
- Must provide for own transportation.
- Comfortable around animals (if the event also allows foster dogs to attend).
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Public Speaking
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Min of 3-4 events annually, 6-12 month commitment
- Desire to share information