Happy Tails Minnesota is looking for leads and volunteers to help out with outreach and adoption events. We host adoption events, outreach and fundraising events all over the Twin Cities area. You are able to select the events you want to lead or attend as volunteer.
- Set up and tear down (tent, tables, chairs etc)
- Ability to pick up and return event supplies (depends on events)
- Events may be indoors or outdoors.
- Help fosters with dogs if needed.
- Talking to people about the rescue and or animals available.
- Responsible for Happy Tails belongings.
- Excellant people skills
- Comfortable talking to the public
- Understand/familiar with Happy Tails operations helpful
- Responsible and dependable
- Adocate for rescue
- Must have own transportation.
In addition to the above;
- Leads would coordinate the event activties.
- They will recruit and schedule volunteers for the event
- Must be available for the entire events (via in person or phone) to handle any issues.
- Must be familiar with Happy Tails adoption process and procedures.
- Know which dogs are currently available for adoption helpful.
- Must have volunteered for 1-2 previous events.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1-2 events annually, 6-12 month commitment
- Organized and Dependable