EVENT PLANNING SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where315 East Warren AvenueDetroit, MI 48201
The Event Planning Support Volunteer will assist the Charles H. Wright Museum Event/Facility Rental team with coordinating and executing client rentals. Also, help the team with the organization of the sales office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reorganize the event files and supplies
- Follow up with initial client calls
- Assist the coordinator with client needs on the day of the event
- Help the team with special event set up and vendor follow-up
- Possess an interest in learning the elements of the facility rental process
A High School diploma is essential. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in event management, business or related field preferred. Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail and accuracy.
Additional critical abilities include: robust communication (oral and written) skills, a team player with a collaborative spirit, willingness to learn, reliability, ability to multitask and keep calm under pressure. This position is ideal for someone studying event planning or those interested in pursuing a career in event planning/facility rental.
The volunteer will receive onsite training and mentoring by the Facility Rental team, including the coordinators and the Vice President of Operations. You will also learn the elements of good event execution, strategic event planning, the fundamentals of good customer service, problem-solving skills and the essentials of excellent communication.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month minimum commitment, 20 hours a week
- Available during regular work hours Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, weekends upon request