We're a small (6 full time staff) nonprofit that in the last three years has created one of the largest school garden programs in the United States (in Las Vegas). We help schools fund, build and run school garden programs so that students can better learn about science (STEM), nutrition, and conservation. We're looking a chef who can volunteer to visit schools occasionally and demonstrate how students can fix simple, tasty and nutritional recipes from the produce they grow in their gardens. The typical demo lasts for an hour per class. Usually there are two classes, back to back, for a total of 2 hours. The school will provide the necessary equipment and we will also provide an assistant to help out. This is a great way for kids to learn about both what chefs are and also how to create their own nutritional meals from their gardens.
You can learn more about us in the local press here:
And about our school garden program here:
- Cooking / Catering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- whatever time you happen to have.
- School Garden Build Volunteer
- Nonprofit Fundraising Strategist
- Microsoft OneNote Specialist
- Grant Writer/Grant Researcher
- Graphic Designer/Website Designer
- Website and/or Database Developer
- Office Help
- Public Relations Specialist
- Wordpress Website Person
- Volunteers Needed for 4th Annual...
- Photographer or Videographer
- Pinterest specialst
- SEO Specialist