Note: Event Planners meet online, but must be located in Wisconsin. Not required to meet or be at the specified address in this post.
Let’s get outside! We need your help to spread the word about the 30x30 Nature Challenge, run events, and gather feedback about the challenge. The built environment is all around us - the buildings where we live, learn, and labor, and all the spaces between. We encourage people to get in nature for 30 minutes each day for 30 days during the month of June. Our goal is to create a closer relationship between humans and nature by educating how we dramatically impact our access to nature by the decisions made about our buildings and surrounding spaces.
- Help plan all details and run the opening and closing events for the 30x30 Nature Challenge, including:
- Assist staff with planning event details using checklist.
- Help prepare materials, such as name tags, drawing prizes, slide shows, and more.
- Aid the Working Group Communications Manager with article writing and event promotion.
- Help with event setup and clean-up.
- During the event, help with registration, show direction, etc.
- Have a welcoming, positive attitude while performing tasks in support of the initiative.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Be flexible. Despite planning and assignments, unexpected tasks can occur and staff may ask for help as needed.
- If a new volunteer, attend an orientation session; and complete and return required paperwork before the start of the position.
- Earn GBCI continuing education credits (refer to the CMP Guide).
- Network with passionate individuals within the green building and USGBC community.
- Attend USGBC Wisconsin 30x30 Nature Challenge events complimentary (includes ticket and food).
- Earn free USGBC Wisconsin membership.
- Experience working with a team and hone leadership skills.
- Learn about great things being accomplished by people, companies, and projects in Wisconsin.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Strong reliability and ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable engaging with new people with diversified backgrounds.
- Ability to travel to, as necessary, to attend meetings and the event.
- Must have a phone or computer with internet to join required online meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and take on last minute tasks.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Preference given to those with prior event planning experience.
As a member of the 30x30 Nature Challenge Working Group, the volunteer is expected to attend a standing weekly online meeting time every Wednesday from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM via WebEx. The agenda and required attendance will change weekly depending on deadlines and milestones. Additionally, the volunteer may be asked to attend a one hour online or in-person orientation training.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly team meeting; attend 2 events
- Ability to travel in the greater Milwaukee area