Thie Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is seeking a dedicated and passionate Chair for the Starry Night 8.5K volunteer committee!
The Starry Night 8.5K is a new walk/run supports the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's efforts to help kids fighting one of the deadliest forms of childhood cancer. This uplifting event shines a light on the 28,000 children and teens in the United States who are living with a brain tumor, and on the kids who are no longer with us. Learn more about the event: http://www.curethekids.org/events/starry-night/
Works with: PBTF Staff & Volunteer Committee Leads
Position summary: Work with PBTF staff and volunteer leads in recruiting and training a team of volunteers to plan and implement all aspects of Starry Night in accordance with campaign standards. The Starry Night Committee Chair assists in creating action plans and managing the volunteer committee leadership.
- Coordinate and lead monthly meetings
- Create meeting agendas
- Offer leadership, guidance and support to volunteer committee members
- Promote Starry Night through daily professional activities
- Assist in securing Starry Night sponsors, teams and participants
- Appoint volunteers to serve as volunteer committee members for the following categories of focus: Recruitment, Community Outreach, Race and Sponsorship & Corporate Outreach
- Ensure committee members stay on track with their assignments
- Attend and provide volunteer leadership at Starry Night
- The Starry Night Committee Chair is responsible for recruiting a Committee Secretary to assist with administrative duties such as meeting coordination, agenda preparation, sponsorship and donation tracking, etc.
Time Required (approximately):
- Attend and lead volunteer committee meeting (1) 2 hours
- Review volunteer committee member updates and correspond
- with PBTF staff 10 hours
- Assist with securing sponsorships and other tasks 9 hours
Total: 21 hours per month
Additional time commitments:
One initial planning meeting 2 hour
- Child Care
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Children's Cancer 5K Event Day...
- Social Media Volunteer for...
- Sponsorship Lead needed for...
- Media & Public Relations Lead...
- Use Your Media Savvy to Help...
- Love planning events and want to...
- Committee Chair for Pediatric...
- Media Chair for the Pediatric...
- Love building community...
- Volunteers needed for charity 5K...
- Media/PR Chair Needed for Philly...
- Use Your Sales Skills to Help...
- Outreach Volunteer Needed for...
- Secretary for Pediatric Brain...
- Volunteers needed for charity...