Volunteer: Sponsorship Associate
Oakland Youth Chorus seeks a dynamic Sponsorship Associate to help support the organization into our next level of growth. This is a great opportunity to support a non-profit organization in generating support through sponsorships (corporate, org and advertising).
The Sponsorship Associate will be responsible for the recruiting of sponsors as well as assist with the implementation, management, and administration of sponsorship processes. He or she will advise the OYC team in how to develop our ad sales and community sponsor opportunities and revenue, including event and concert underwriting. Volunteers are given free admission to our concerts and some special events.
- Create sponsorship sales materials and promotional programs to targeted categories and companies.
- Create sponsorship timetables well in advance of concerts and scheduled events.
- Effectively pitch sponsorship package to prospects.
- Track and schedule follow-up calls and meetings.
- Assist in delivering sponsorship benefits.
- Perform ongoing research of potential corporate sponsors and prospects.
- Greet and cultivate sponsors at events.
- Experience in marketing, sales, advertising, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience working with or an understanding of non-profit organizations.
- Professionalism, verbal, written, listening, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent understanding of and experience in management of sponsorship contracts.
- Must be well organized with strong time management skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and other digital outreach.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Customer Acquisition, Data Entry, Administrative Support, Fundraising, Sales Process, Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Sales Process
- Customer Acquisition
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21