Position Title: Field Development Assistant
Reports To: Manager, Field Development
Location: 1475 Centrepark Blvd, Suite 115 | West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
Hours/Days Per Week: Monday-Friday (20-24 hours/week | occasional weekend)
Length of Assignment: One Semester (12 Weeks)
Paid: Stipend Possibly Available
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Autism Speaks staff in managing and implementing the Autism Speaks Walk campaigns and special events.
- Work closely with Autism Speaks staff to achieve the Walk goals through practicing the Walk strategies identified in the business plan for the annual Walk, including strategies regarding sponsorship, team recruitment and retention, media outreach, Kickoff and a year-long communications plan.
- Provide administrative support to the Autism Speaks staff as needed (answer telephones, data entry, email correspondence, mailings, materials management, packet assembly, etc.)
- In conjunction with the Autism Speaks staff, manage volunteer committee and provide customer service for Walk participants, team captains, volunteers, committee members and chairpersons, including donation questions, shipment of materials, etc.
- Assist Autism Speaks staff with planning of Walk Kick-Off events, Awards events and various Walk/Chapter functions.
- Create Walk/Event Materials (flyers, posters, e-mail correspondence, letters, etc.) as needed.
Future Possible Roles
- In conjunction with Autism Speaks staff, implement the global campaigns of Autism Speaks such as Government Relations, Family Services, Community Outreach and Science Initiatives.
- Make presentations about Autism Speaks and Autism Speaks Walks to businesses, organizations and community groups to recruit teams of walkers.
Related Skills and Knowledge
- Superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outgoing and friendly personality, along with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and with volunteers, staff, donors, media and the general public.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher.
If you interested in applying for this internship opportunity, please contact:
Manager, Field Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20-25 Hours Per Week for 12 weeks
- Must be college student.