Our Treasurer is moving out of state in April of 2017 and we are looking for a replacement. The ideal candidate has an accounting or financial background, has some time flexibility for meetings or calls. The Treasurer
* Attends monthly board meetings (rotating: 1 evening, 1 midday, 1 Saturday meeting)
* Serves on the executive committee and chairs the finance committee
* Assures that the organization is following appropriate financial policies and that qualified staff or consultants perform financial functions.
Understands legal requirements for financial accounting and standards of practice for nonprofit organizations
* Assures that accurate financial records for the organization are being kept
* Subject to the direction of the board, endorses deposit notes, checks, and drafts received by the organization
* As ordered by the board, disburses organizational funds and issues checks and drafts in the name of the organization
* Manages, with the finance committee, the board’s review of and action related to the board’s financial responsibilities
* Assists the board and program staff in preparing the annual budget and presents the budget to the board for approval
* At specified reporting periods, and upon request, provides the board with an account of transactions by the treasurer and of the financial condition of the organization
* With the approval of the board president, selects an independent auditor, reviews the annual audit, and answers board members’ questions about the audit
We have a bookkeeper and conduct our financial accounting in Quickbooks on-line. Familiarity with this software is a plus.
We anticipate approx. 5 volunteer hours per week to fulfill these obligations.
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 35
- Approx. 5 hours per week