The Free Arts Development team is tasked with cultivating new donors, donor relationships, third party fundraising events, corporate social responsibilty events, research, data entry, and community outreach . The intern will support the Development team in all aspects, and will participate as key members of the Free Arts team, in which they can expect to learn the ins and outs of fundraising, relationship building and events.
- Assist in researching new donors to support Free Arts programs
- Keep current on LA-based charity events, campaigns, artists, galleries, and youth development movements
- Support development team in all aspects of third party fundraising events
- Assist in tracking all donors in database
- Maintain/update case for support and all marketing collateral
- Assist with press release syndication and media relations pre and post event
- Assist with outreach for coverage about mission, programs and volunteer/corporate supporters
- Archive and track all press coverage and outreach
- Assist with donor thank you notes and acknowledgments
Free Arts accepts college, graduate, and non-student applicants over the age of 18. This internship is ideally suited to candidates with an interest in non-profit fundraising, development, and events/marketing work. No fundraising experience is necessary, but knowledge of non-profits, media and art is a plus. A basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs (including Word, and Excel) is necessary. Applicants should have strong writing and verbal skills, the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to learn. Previous event planning experience is a plus but not required.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week, some work can be done remotely
Please contact Sara Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week