19 people are interested
Support The Salvation Army! Help us help others in need by manning the front desk.
The Salvation Army is currently seeking a volunteer Administrative Assistant at four locations:
- Tri Cities Corps in Newark
- Hayward Corps in Hayward
- Garden Street Corps in Oakland
- Oakland Chinatown
Shifts available Monday through Friday anytime between 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. Must be able to commit to at least a day a week.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Answer phone lines and direct calls as appropriate.
- Answer basic questions about The Salvation Army. Information will be provided at training.
- Take complete messages, including a thorough description and the name and contact information of the party calling.
- Refer clients to external organizations and services where necessary.
Volunteers will be properly trained, no experience necessary!
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
We'll work with your schedule.
379 12 StreetOakland, CA 94607
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- a day a week