Epilepsy Foundation New England has several exciting internship projects for Human Services students. Internships are available for Spring or Summer 2017. All internships are unpaid.
Help Desk interns will answer non-crisis calls from people living with epilepsy, their families, and caregivers, and provide them with supportive listening, information, and guidance to appropriate resources. They will assist in continuing to build our Resource Guide, which includes a comprehensive list of resources available through national and local agencies that may benefit persons living with epilepsy and their families.
Higher Education - Student Community Partnership
This intern will establish connections with college campus organizations to recruit students to volunteer as Student Ambassadors for the Epilepsy Foundation New England. The goal of this program is to increase awareness surrounding epilepsy and to engage volunteers in building EFNE programs (fundraisers, social events, educational workshops) inclusive of the epilepsy community and communities at large.
This project will involve building a living database of contacts who provide neurologic care throughout Veterans Hospitals in New England (MA, NH, ME, RI).
This project will also include creating an Information Packet for initial outreach to the neurologic providers (physicians, nurses, social workers). The packet will serve two purposes: 1) To inform the caregiver community about support and resources available to veterans through the EFNE Resource and Support Center. 2) To provide basic educational materials surrounding the diagnosis of epilepsy, and the relationship between traumatic brain injury and epilepsy, a common occurrence in the Veteran population.
Awareness Campaign Coordinator
This intern will create a campaign to promote awareness of epilepsy in the community. The core component of this campaign will be the creation of an informational module that can be shared in different public areas (schools, libraries, community centers).
Interested in applying? Please fill out our intern application: http://bttr.im/fr8ni
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Currently enrolled university students are welcome to apply.
- Springfield, MA - Walk for...
- Ocean Park, ME - Volunteers...
- Orono, ME - Walk for Epilepsy...
- Join the Epilepsy Foundation's...
- Ocean Park, ME - Volunteer Nurse...
- Boston/Wilmington, MA -...
- Eastern MA - Events Volunteer
- Western MA - Volunteers Wanted!
- Lebanon, NH - Volunteers Wanted!
- North Kingstown, RI - Matty 5K...
- Rehoboth, MA - Volunteers Wanted...
- Waltham, MA - Childcare Room @...
- Wilmington, MA - Support...
- Host a Clothing Drive!
- Graphic Design Volunteer Wanted!
- Wilmington, MA - Human Services...
- Boston, MA - Walk for Epilepsy...
- New Hampshire - Events Volunteer