Youth Volunteer Worker
To Change the next generation by advancing the youth everywhere.
v Summary of the Youth Program:
Connect the Dots is a youth program that works with youth ages 11-20 Our mission is to Bridge the gaps of services that are not offered in the homes, schools and in the communities. We provide one on one time to the youth, offer classes, tutoring, Promote homework completion, work with the youth on social and life skills by offering hands on interactions. CDOT takes the youth on College tours, involve youth in community service and plan events as well as go on outings.
Volunteering is open to individuals of any age
Youth that are 17 and under will have to have a parent consent (Can earn community service)
Volunteers set their own schedule and it is based around their availability
Complete required paperwork
Passion for youth, A desire to see the youth learn and grow, team player, accept diversity, open minded, patient, Time and Energy, Committed, Enthusiastic, Participation
Attend meetings, Events, Outings and Trainings
v Volunteer Responsibilities:
- To assist in the running of the youth program
- To supervise young people and make sure they are safe
- To build a rapport with young people
- To communicate with the team
- To facilitate and participate in games, activities and discussions with young people
- To assist with necessary program set-up and cleanup
- Help with Events, and Attend Outings
- Encourage Parent involvement
- Encourage youth to complete logs, to bring homework, to get tutoring
- Involve in community service
- Bring games and ideas to do with the youth
- Think of social skills and life skills that you would like to teach the youth
- Assist with enrollment, Youth and Parent sign in and out, Grades, Incentives, recruiting, inventory, assisting teachers, Donations, Transportation, Tutoring, Snack Time, and Games
v Mentor Application Process:
- Submit Volunteer Application
- Complete questionnaire
- Provide a resume
- Background Check
- Attend Orientation
v Benefits of being a Volunteer
- Development of team and leadership skills, taking part in fun activities, accessing training to further personal development, meeting a challenge
- Satisfaction of watching the youth learn and grow.
- Opportunity for continued personal growth and learning.
- Opportunity for increasingly responsible leadership roles.
- Out-of-pocket expenses may be deductible from income tax.
- Opportunity to give a youth what you did not have as a youth
- Opportunity to serve and share from one’s own life experience.
- Gain satisfaction of working with a young person during formative years of development.
- Opportunity for new experiences and meeting new people.
- Learn to appreciate diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- You are able to choose willingly if you would like to mentor a youth
- Can teach a class of your choice: Etiquette, Healthy Living and Eating, Cooking, Zumba, Fitness, Education, Career, Personal, Self Control, Abstinence, Anger Etc.
Maranatha Family Worship Center
1235 College Ave
Kansas City, Mo 64127
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Facebook & Instagram:
Connect the Dots Youth Program
(816) 256-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 11
- Orientation or Training