Seeking board members who are interested in helping those with Huntington's disease!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The Huntington's Disease Society of America provides help for those affected by HD. The Arizona Chapter is recruiting individuals who are interested in serving on its Board of Directors. Currently the Chapter plans a family retreat for those affected by Huntington's disease in the spring as well as a grassroots Team Hope Walk in the Fall.
The Board is very active and strong, they are looking to reach out to secure additional leaders in all areas. Chapter Board Meetings are held monthly either at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix or via conference call.
The board of Directors is the governing body of the Chapter responsible for ensuring that all Chapter activities are conducted in accordance with HDSA By-laws, Policies, and Operating Procedures for Chapters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend Board of Director meetings.
- Review and approve the Chapter’s Plan of Work and Budget annually.
- Serve on at least one Chapter committee.
- Elect a slate of officers and Directors and fill vacancies as needed.
- Approve appointment of committee chairpersons.
- Participate in HDSA fundraising activities.
- Make a personal financial contribution to HDSA.
- Ensure that the Chapter is in compliance with HDSA By-laws, Policies and Operating Procedures for Chapters.
- Represents HDSA’s positions and policies.
- Approach all issues with an open mind prepared to make the best decision for the whole organization.
- Works with National HDSA leadership as required.
- Provide personal and professional expertise to Chapter.
- Be knowledgeable about Huntington’s disease and the mission work of the Huntington’s Disease Society of America.
Term of Service
One year may be re-elected twice.
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment