What is the number one request of help by seniors? The answer is transportation. One of the most difficult things to get help for is transportation for medical appointments, grocery shopping, trips for services, and outings.
You can provide an important service and do it when convenient for you as well! Join our on-call transportation volunteers! You'll receive an email with opportunities and can fit it to your schedule because we ask our clients to provide at least a week's notice when needing a ride. We then send an email to our on-call transportation volunteers that includes the when, where, and approximate length of time. If the opportunity fits yours schedule, it's a match!
Mileage reimbursement is available and opportunties exist throughout the eastside.
Volunteer Services, a program of Catholic Community Services, assists low-income elders and persons living with disabilities. Volunteers can provide assistance with light housecleaning, transportation, grocery shopping, home repair and yard care. With a little help from volunteers, clients can continue to live independently in their homes.
Due to the vulnerable population we serve, volunteers must complete an application form, pass a Washington State Patrol check and attend an orientation.
For more information about this opportunity or others, Please select the "I Want to Help" button. An email will be sent to you with additional information regarding our program and the application forms.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shoreline: On-Call Volunteer
- Help Seniors Get Around
- Central District: Help Us With...
- Want your group to make a big...
- Are you interested in a career...
- Return a favor for a veteran
- Give 2 hours a month and change...
- You are special; here's a chance...
- Seattle: On-Call Volunteers...
- Mow-a-thon in North Seattle
- Your driving skills are in great...
- Be A Companion!
- Do you live in or near Kirkland?...
- Show off your driving skills!
- Redmond: Senior needs assistance...
- Companion Needed To Help A Woman...
- Veterans Driving Veterans
- Your group will make a difference
- Habla Espanol?
- Is Farsi a language you speak?