Inspire Philadelphia is looking for energetic, creative, and committed individuals to join our Board of Directors. Members will support our work and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. The Board will guide Inspire Philadelphia through the process of organizing as a tax-exempt nonprofit corporation and building capacity around our mission. Board members must participate in discussions related to strategic planning, finance & fundraising, marketing, and community organizing activities. Inspire Philadelphia is now accepting applications for our Board of Directors.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Serve on the Board and a committee for one 3 year term (can be renewed for 2nd 3 year term).
- Dedicate a minimum of 5-10 hours/ month to board duties.
- Attend monthly Board meetings (via phone or in person) & organization events.
- Determine and write short and long-term organizational strategic vision and goals.
- Provide operational & strategic support and expertise.
- Gain a working knowledge of the organization's mission, programs, services and delivery models.
- Identify and/or avoid conflicts of interest.
- Review Board meeting materials before meetings.
Fundraising and Finance
- Develop Inspire Philadelphia's budget and fundraising plan.
- Work actively to help Inspire Philadelphia meet fundraising targets and goals.
- Seek out potential donors and create introductions.
- Board members may hold or support fundraising events.
- rovide ongoing fiscal oversight.
- Review Form 990 prior to its submission.
- Ensure Inspire Philadelphia has the financial resources necessary to carry out its mission.
- Effectively advocate and promote Inspire Philadelphia mission with their networks and people of all backgrounds.
- Develop appropriate PR and marketing strategy, and assist with implementation.
- Promote our actions and events with your networks (personal and social).
Desired Skills and Experience:
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Inspire Philadelphia's mission. Prior board leadership is a plus but not a necessity. We are interested in people with established skills in strategy development, nonprofit operations, philanthropy, marketing, fundraising and grant writing, community outreach,and partnerships and mergers. Experience with startup nonprofits is also helpful.
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Capacity Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training