The National Kidney Foundation Serving North Texas/ West Texas seeks a media volunteer to assist with public relations, communications and marketing for local special events and other community-based awareness campaigns.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requires approximately 6-8 hours of volunteer activity per month to help send out press releases or media advisories to local reporters and conduct pre and post event phone calls to news outlets. Media Volunteers will be provided with a list of reporters to contact along with all contact information.
- Media Volunteers are also provided with all the materials including template press releases, talking points and media advisories.
- Media Volunteers will participate in monthly conference calls with the National Office Marketing and Communications department to learn about the specific initiatives, share success stories, and receive help and guidance with publicizing the local initiatives.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-8 hours of volunteer activity per month