Are you seeking an incredible opportunity to influence public education? Or are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to the community and support the next generation of leaders? We have an excellent opportunity, JUST FOR YOU!
Ocali Charter Middle School is adding new board members to help us grow and influence the next generation to make a positive impact in their communities and the world!
If you have expertise in any of the following areas, we have a place for you:
- Accounting | Finance
- Financial Planning & Auditing
- Grant Writing/Management (financial accountability)
- Public Relations/Marketing
Board members will support the work of the school and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance, including:
- Advising the Executive Director and Principal as s/he develops and implements the school's strategic plan.
- Approving annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions.
- Contributing to performance evaluations of the Executive Director.
- Serving on committees or task forces by taking on special assignments.
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization and representing the school in the community.
- Assisting and leading fundraising activities for the school.
- Assisting the Board chair in recruitment of other Board members.
Board meetings are generally held bi-monthly with occasional meetings as-needed, and require no more than a 2-5 hour commitment.
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per month
- As required by law, every board member must pass a background check and drug screening.