Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program
8 people are interested
WHAT IS IT?
The Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) at the Tri-County Office on Aging is in need of MMAP Counselors. MMAP Counselors answer hotline calls and have meetings with seniors to help them:
- Understand new health care options
- Understand and/or apply for Medicare and Medicaid
- Compare or enroll in Medicare and Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Review Medicare supplemental insurance needs
- Identify and report Medicare/Medicaid fraud and scams
Completing MMAP training earns you certification as a MMAP Counselor. This is a great opportunity for anyone going into the health field or elder law, or for anyone interested in learning more about health care benefits counseling.
MMAP Counselors provide a critical free service to help seniors navigate the healthcare system as they age. Counselors are not connected with any insurance company, and do not sell insurance.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
1. Visit http://www.tcoa.org/volunteer/ and complete the online application. Make sure to check the MMAP box.
2. OR email via volunteermatch.
3. Someone from TCOA will contact you to set up training.
Must be able to attend a 2-hour MMAP orientation training and the 3-day class. The class is offered at multiple locations in Michigan.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Recommended 4 hrs/wk