Community Ambassador for EGPD / City of Elk Grove
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where8400 Laguna Palms WayElk Grove, CA 95758
Are you proud of your city? Love helping others? Does the opportunity to speak with people about what makes Elk Grove special sound like a dream come true?
If so, you are the perfect candidate for the role of Community Ambassador!
Community Ambassadors are local volunteers that represent the City of Elk Grove. Their role is to serve as a community liaison, providing a direct point of communication with our residents and creating awareness of events and opportunities within our community. This position is a partnership between the City of Elk Grove, the Elk Grove Police Department, and the residents of Elk Grove.
Community Ambassadors help create strong dialogue and relationships between the residents and City of Elk Grove. You may take promotional materials to key locations, help staff a booth at a local festival, walk among the crowd at a parade, attend meetings / events through the city, and more!
- Innovative new volunteer position
- Evening and weekend volunteer opportunities
- Flexible online scheduling
- Develop deeping understanding of our City and PD
- 18 years or old
- Citizen / legal resident of the United States
- Good moral character / no felony convictions
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Commit to 4 hours / month and attend 4 meetings / trainings a year
- Relaxed and fun volunteer environment
- Connection with people who share your interests!
- Initial and ongoing training
- Uniform shirt provided
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours / month