Do you have a heart for Bible translation and love to share this passion with others? Are you comfortable with and skilled in meeting, welcoming, and communicating with people? Are you a good organizer who is attentive to detail?
JAARS needs someone to coordinate staff, represent, and promote JAARS at various community activities. This can include schools, festivals, parades, churches, and more!
If you have the ability to convey how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, we would love to talk with you.
Respond to and coordinate requests from the community for JAARS presentations and involvement.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Develop contacts and build relationships with community, business and media representatives to create opportunities for keeping JAARS and our services in front of public
- Respond to requests from schools, churches, parades, and events and then plan, coordinate, and staff the programs to motivate and encourage interest in JAARS and promote goodwill
- Maintain database of public relations contacts
- Assist, equip, and coach staff for speaking engagements and event protocol
- Administer budget, contact evaluations, travel expenses, and travel procedures
- Supervise and evaluate staff
- Distribute JAARS publicity materials and place in designated locations
- Oversee church liaison program
Education and Experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about all aspects of JAARS
- Capability to vision cast the JAARS mission to others
- Ability to network with others, both within and outside of JAARS
- Confidence to take initiative, present, and lead
- MS Office applications
- Serve as a mentor and coach
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent helpful
- Previous multicultural experience helpful
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Public Relations
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 20 hours per week
- Server System Administrator
- IT Project Manager
- Physician Assistant
- Aviation Flight Instructor
- Mission Team Assistant Manager
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Clerk
- General Maintenance Technician
- Director of Human Resources
- Staff Accountant
- Aviation Financial Assistant
- Vice President of Global...
- Language Technology...
- IT Systems Administrator
- Immunization Nurse
- Aviation Business Manager
- Director of Technology and...
- AFOS Area IT Project Manager
- Auto Mechanic