Advocates are professionally trained to support victims of sexual assault crimes. They are the continuum in care for victims of sexual assault. Advocates offer:
- Emotional support.
- May be present during the forensic evidence examination as well as police interviews.
- Provide information on crime prevention.
- Provide information of a victims legal rights.
- Provide support during the criminal justice process.
- Attend court proceedings with the victim.
- Aide victims in safety planning.
- Aide victims in Victim Compensation paperwork.
- Providing community resources and referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 months