JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
If you live or work in or around Newark, NJ we need you !
JerseySTEM runs community based afterschool Science and Engineeting programs for the kids in the area.
Communty and Communicaiton Manager for our STEM afterschool program in Newark, NJ needs a volunteer to:
- send weekly email to the staheholders involved in the program,
- collect pictures of events and activities and post on social mediam
- update facebook page, twitter, instagram,...
- reach out to community stakeholders on behalf of JerseySTEM: Communicty centers, libraries, scjools,...introducing JerseySTEM
- attend a weeekly call with the team.
- Social Media / Blogging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Executive Assistant to the Board...
- Corporate Engagement Manager Role
- Local Families Engagement Manager
- Mentoring program coordinator
- Active Professionals Engagement...
- App Inventor Coach
- Retail Stores Fundraising...
- Event organizer/recruiter for...
- Job Posting Refresh position
- Mathematics coaching for AMC10-12
- Community Manager for Newark, NJ
- Girls Who Code in Chatham
- Google Apps/Calendar support
- Director of Corporate Engagement
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Sponsors Development
- Legal / Para-Legal help for STEM...
- Physics Tutor