Assist Kids Room exhibit staff with vital behind the scenes maintenance tasks! The Kids Room is our exhibit space solely dedicated to our youngest visitors and we need help maintaining and repairing our much loved, and much used, hands-on exhibits.
High-school aged volunteers and small groups of volunteers (5-10 people) are welcome! Volunteers looking for a one-time only opportunity are also welcome to apply. Youth volunteer and groups should contact MSC for further information.
- Projects will vary but may include: bleaching and sanitizing loose parts for exhibits, cleaning and dusting exhibit components, maintaining fish and small animal tanks, painting and making light repairs
- Willingness to follow directions and adhere to safety guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use simple power tools (drill, hand sander, etc.) is desired, but not necessary
- Willing to get messy!
- Some tasks may require light lifting
- Comfortable climbing ladders is a plus
- Basic home repair knowledge is desired, but not necessary
Training: Provided by Kids Room Staff under the Early Learning Supervisor
Schedule Requirements: Shifts are available Mondays between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm, during the months of September-March. Typical volunteer shifts are 4 hours.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application; volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- Aquarium Maintenance
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistants
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants