SCORE NYC is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization that offers free business counseling and low-cost seminars to the community of NYC small businesses.
We always welcome experienced copy editors to help in producing our written content, whether you want to keep your skills sharp or need references. You will have unlimited free access to all our events and seminars. Your responsibilities will consist of helping the editor-at-large streamline and style all written content produced by and for SCORE NYC to ensure maximum stylistic consistency and adherence to house style throughout the organization.REQUIREMENTS:
- demonstrable experience as a professional copy editor
- proficiency in either CMS or AP
- understanding of the role of house style
- experience in working with a production editor
- time commitment of 8-10 hours per week; work can be done virtually
- resolve to follow through and stay on task
- a link to your LinkedIn profile and/or website
- a short description of your area of experience as a copy editor
- your contact information
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6-8 hours a week
- Volunteer copy writers
- Data Analyst
- Small Business Counselor
- Volunteer - Event Planner - for...
- Volunteer Needed to Help...
- Small Business Counselors
- Volunteer: Mentor Small...
- Human Resources & Recruitment...
- Volunteer - Human Resources -...
- Business Development - Outreach...
- Volunteer copy editors
- Volunteer Administrative...
- Volunteer - Advisory Board...
- Volunteer - Digital Strategist
- Volunteer, Workshop committee
- Volunteer graphic designers
- SCORE District Director