The Johnston Memorial Hospital Foundation's (d.b.a. Johnston Health Foundation) 6th CHAMPIONS 5K, presented by HealthQuest Fitness and Wellness Center, is a timed run and fun walk event for all ages and fitness levels. We will have a 5K walk/run, a 5K dog walk/run, and a 10K race!
Race proceeds will benefit two (2) charities programs under the Johnston Health Foundation (at each runner’s request): the ANGEL FUND (supports cancer patients experiencing financial hardship) and the HEALTHY KIDS FUND (to address childhood obesity issues in our community through health and fitness scholarships).
Teams may be formed by families, churches, clubs, companies, and individuals. For those who are registering multiple teams from the same company/organization, write your company name/organization name before your team name (i.e. COMPANY-Department name).
You may also help fundraise by making online donations. Participants may walk/run in honor of or as a tribute to a loved one, and join some post event activities.
Race Day Schedule:
7:00 am- Volunteer check in
7:15 am-volunteer briefing and assignments
7:30 am-volunteers read/on standby for participant arrivals.
8:00 am- Participant Registration
8:45 am - Opening program
8:50 am - Pre-walk/Run Warmups
9:00 am - Walk/Run Kicks Off (1st wave: 10K/5K Runners; 2nd Wave- Dogs & Owners; 3rd wave: walkers)
10:00 am - Returning Participants to visit stations and enjoy sponsor snacks, giveaways and free activities.
11:00-11:30 am- Awarding Ceremony/Event Ends
We are looking for volunteers for the following tasks for
- Feb - April - Social media post sharing
- Feb - April - Team Recruitment
- Feb - March - Soliciting and in kind sponsors
- Feb - April - Posting and distribution of fliers and posters.
- April 11, 5-7pm- Participant goodie bag stuffing
- 10 EVENT SITE SET-UP
- 5 REGISTRATION TENT VOLUNTEERS
- 20 TRAFFIC CONTROL / ROUTE MARSHALLS (at least 21 yrs old)
- 10+ START/FINISH LINE CHEERERS
- 10 PRE-RACE WARM UP EXERCISE LEADERS (to lead the crowd on the fitness plaza while follow the instructor on stage)
30 ROUTE CHEERERS (6 sets of 5 Volunteers clubs or groups are preferred).
- 10 PARKING ATTENDANTS (at least 21 years old)
- 4 RACE ASSISTANTS
- 6 GREETERS
- 4 KIDS ZONE (Tattoo stickers, art coloring, etc.)
- 6-8 KIDS GAMES (relay games, mini race, etc.)
- FLASH MOB (dance groups preferred)
- 4 FOOD STATION ASSISTANTS
- 8 HYDRATION STATION ASSISTANTS
- 6 SPONSOR TABLE ASSISTANTS
- 4 GOLF CARTS DRIVERS
- 3 VOLUNTEER ROVING PHOTOGRAPHERS
- 4 VOLUNTEER ROVING VIDEOGRAPHER
- 2 DOG FIRST AID STATION VOLUNTEERS (Vet, or pet medicine certification required)
- 2 HUMAN FIRST AID STATION VOLUNTEERS (RN, EMT or 1st aid certification required)
- Dance / Aerobics
- Social Media / Blogging
- First Aid / CPR
- Community Outreach
- Sales Process
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 4.5 hours
- Must be able to stand for for a few hours. Route Marshalls must be at least 21 years old.