We Honor Veterans
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereOffice- 2 Campus Blvd2nd Floor610-436-1853Newtown Square, PA 19073
The most meaningful experience is the Veteran to Veteran volunteer experience.
The Veteran to Veteran camaraderie is so unique it is sometimes the only experience in which a Veteran will open up or be able to share with someone who understands. The end of life and dying experience of a Veteran is unique and is very different from that of a civilian. We want to honor and support our Veteran patients during this time. Compassus Hospice is looking for Veterans to visit our Veteran patients to help meet their needs. We participate in the We Honor Veterans program.
The culture of stoicism and societal reactions can discourage Veterans from sharing their war experiences. When one Veteran talks to another, stoicism and secrecy may dissolve. Veterans share a common language; code of conduct and honor. Sharing supports life review and healing. Common experiences allow trust to be built between Veterans. Veterans can form a camaraderie that can penetrate their civilian social roles.
A hospice patient is diagnosed with a terminal illness and it is at this point where helping hands are needed. A volunteer can add so much to a patient's quality of remaining life. Direct Patient volunteers serve both patients and families in assisted living facilities, nursing homes, or residential homes. Volunteers are assigned as close to their home, work, or school as possible. Volunteers are given choices of who they visit and where they go. We serve patients throughout Chester and Delaware Counties.
Volunteers receive initial training and continued support along the way so please know this is something you experience with a team of hospice professionals who are here to help YOU impact a life.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One Hour per Week
- One year Commitment to Veteran Volunteer program
- Volunteer Music
- Hair Stylists Needed - Chester...
- Make volunteering your 2017...
- Massage Therapists - volunteer...
- Veteran - Veteran Hospice...
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - WEST CHESTER
- Do you have a heart for Seniors?
- Music Volunteers Needed
- Office Volunteers Needed
- Hospice Volunteer/Veteran
- Volunteer in the New Year!
- Become a Patient Support Volunteer
- Are you pursing a Healthcare...
- Can you devote an hour to a...
- Volunteer Massage Therapists...
- Do you live in Chester County?...
- Give back this summer - become a...
- Become a Hospice Volunteer and...
- Pet Therapy Teams - Volunteer...
- We Honor Veterans