Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for a Citizenship Instructor to teach English literacy, US history, and government to English limited speaking adult students.
- Be available during class hours to successfully teach and inspire students
- Work with a cohort of other instructors to develop and discuss lesson plans to ensure compatibility and compliance with present Citizenship test
- Prepare for and instruct the Citizenship class to maximize student success on the real test
- Oversee and organize all learning and testing materials and track student progress reports for the end of the quarter
- Be engaging, inspiring, imaginative, passionate and friendly
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times for instruction
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English speaking group of students
- High communication and people skills -both verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s)
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in
- Make a direct impact on the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives and give them an opportunity to become a citizen of the United States
- Hands-on experience teaching students English
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovation/imagination and confidence
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours a week.
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- ESL Instructors
- Graphic Designer
- Program Support Specialist
- Citizenship Instructor
- Recruitment Specialist
- Board of Directors
- Community Engagement Ambassador
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- Volunteer Recruitment and...
- Volunteer IT Specialist Wanted!
- Marketing Specialist
- Wordpress Designer
- Program Support Coordinator
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- Opportunity for a Communications...
- Help Seniors & Immigrants Learn...