Helping Link is looking for a Citizenship Instructor to teach English literacy and US history and government to English limited speaking adult students. Responsibilities: - Serve as part of a cohort of instructors teaching adult students to maximize their achievement on the CASAS test and nationalization interview - Develop instructional material and activities to review class content and supplement the work being done in class Note: Citizenship resources and materials are available. Requirements: - Passion and enthusiasm for working with adult students - Ability to work independently and in a team setting - Commitment of four hours a week.
Helping Link is a community-based non-profit agency located in Seattle's International District. Our mission is "to empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency, while nurturing community service and youth leaders."
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours a week.
- Public Relations and...
- Volunteer as a Publicity and...
- Gala Graphic Designer
- Volunteer as an Event Coordinator!
- Opportunity for a Photographer...
- Sponsorship Coordinator
- ESL Instructors
- Gala Advertising Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Office Assistant
- Citizenship Instructor
- Board of Directors
- Come Beautify Helping Link! Arts...
- iPad Instructor - Help us bridge...
- Love teaching? Love children?...
- Volunteer IT needed!!!
- Marketing and Publicity Team
- Wordpress Designer
- Gain Grant Writing Experience!
- GALA Committee - Planning and...