Helping Link/Một Dấu Nối is looking for a Citizenship Instructor to teach English literacy, US history, and government to English limited speaking adult students.
- Be available during class hours to successfully teach and inspire students
- Work with a cohort of other instructors to develop and discuss lesson plans to ensure compatibility and compliance with present Citizenship test
- Prepare for and instruct the Citizenship class to maximize student success on the real test
- Oversee and organize all learning and testing materials and track student progress reports for the end of the quarter
- Be engaging, inspiring, imaginative, passionate and friendly
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times for instruction
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English speaking group of students
- High communication and people skills -both verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s)
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in
- Make a direct impact on the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives and give them an opportunity to become a citizen of the United States
- Hands-on experience teaching students English
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovation/imagination and confidence
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
About Helping Link
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/